Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


​Pretty much all of my favorite things!!! Thank you so so much!! But, the letters were still my favorite part of the whole thing :) And thank you boy for putting in the magnetic hair toy, the elders played with it for a solid 20 minutes :p 



​There's dogs everywhere in Chile, but I guess like people hangout in groups with people they like and in 
places they like, dogs do the same. Every poblacion has dogs that are there all day everyday even though they dont technically belong to anyone. This one is Hermana Hulicks personal favorite.  
And we have a mama dog and her puppy that live on our street  :) 



​Made tapatio quesadillas right after we had our package opening party.......I almost cried out in pure joy it was SO GOOD.


    Presidente Salinas also freaked out with the BYU shirt and couldn't thank you enough. Thank you so much for sending that in the package :) :)


  This is what Chepica looks like in the Autumn :)   And the haziness is from the volcanos that are erupting in the south of Chile about 500 miles from here!!!  



Madre!!!!! 

LOVE ALL THE PICS YOU SENT!!!! 

The volcano is all anyone has been talking about here!! Havent seen any pics of it, so thanks for those. Floods in the north, Volcanos in the south. Everyone here in our missin is holding their breath to see what happens to us in the center of Chile :p Chepica is pretty far from the volcano, but there still a perpetual haze here from all of the ash and dirt! 

Its been cooling off, but have still been keeping warm at night with our caliente camas and normal pjs. It will get cooler but Ill let you know if I need to buy anything :) 

Holy!! Mom I need more pics of Boy!!! He has gotten big!! His face is changing and he has gotten taller! 

Well dad said the new girls (chickens) will get bigger than the old ones so maybe Gracie and Erika are just enjoying these last moments of superiority :p Hahaha I can just see in my head you and dad exchanging that eye glance in a sacrament meeting!! 

What projects have you been doing to help the people with JustServe? :) Aww your kids!! You will probably get invited to their graduations just saying :) I used to be super jealous but now I get it :) You were an amazing example of christlike love for those you serve and I didn't see that. Sorry for giving all the crap about them before. I hope I can make it up to you!!! 

I'll send an emali to Mikaela, but I am a little sad that I haven't received any news from her at all these last 9 months not even about her engagement. Hope her wedding is as amazing as she has always wanted it and that she will soak everything thing in about the happiest day of her life : ) Being sealed to the one you love for time an all eternity only happens once!! :) Can't wait to see pics, she'll be the most beautiful bride ever :) 

So what is sleep apnea? Just fancy name for not being able to breath at night?? Haha oh how the tables have turned!!! Dad might make you sleep on the couch like grandma Mary does with Grandpa Rich!! ;) 

As for skype, it depends on if you want saturday or sunday :) Personally I think sunday would be better at around 7 here, 4 over at your time :) I love yo so much!! 

Love you mom!!!! :))) 

I Can't WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!!!! 

Hermana Temple

Excerpt from Hermana Hulick
"In other news, we had another death this week. That makes 3 funerals in 12 weeks. Do you realize that? Even more, she was our only worthy, endowed hermana. She was something over 90 years old, and her husband is something over 100. We don't know exactly because the records say they are 89 and 96, but we know the records (something something, piece of paper--I don't know how it works here) were done when they were about 8 years old. They don't normally come to church because they can't make the trip, so the Elders were taking the sacrament to them. Anyway, because there isn't anyone else who's worthy, Hermana Temple and I, with the help of Presidente Salinas (her grandson), had to put her in her clothes. Can't say I expect to ever do that again, but I guess we'll see. And for the first day or so, I don't think the husband understood what happened. So we got to be a part of every step of a Chilean funeral. Can't say the same about an American one. I didn't think it was sad. She was old. And it was time for her to rest. But not all of the family is lds. The sweet woman and her husband were some of the first members here. He was the first branch president here. They used to set up one chair to put the sacrament on and had church in a house. And she's an amazing woman. She gave birth to 21 kids. And no, I didn't mistype that. But only 9ish of them surgived to adulthood. But not all the family is still active. So there was a lot of crying. So that was awkward."


No comments:

Post a Comment