Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2014

A bunch of changes.


 I've been thinking alot this week about the things I learned specifically from Hermana Rodriguez (besides basically everything about the mish). She was one of the sweetest and most humble people I know. 
Thank you so much for the package!!!! I got it last week, and was going to wait to open it, but Hma Rodriguez LOVES opening packages so we opened parts of it. JUSTO that you sent AMAZING boots, because the next day we had a freak rainstorm and it would have ruined my other shoes, not to mention I would have been way cold! THANK YOU. I'll thank you more over skype when I open the rest, It has been so nice having all of my favorite treats and they are all things I haven't seen here in chile so its like a piece of home is with me :) One more thanksgiving and then I'll be home with you, that's a definite brightside and I hear it goes by faster after the first 6 months so thats a plus too :) 
Today has been hard. We just dropped off hma rodriguez at the mission home, and there has been a lot of crying this whole week, but especially today. She was so much more than my trainor, she was one of my best friends and I love her. She is going to be taken care of in Peru and has solid plans for the future, but it still hurts to see her go :/ Ive been thinking alot this week about the things I learned specifically from Hermana Rodriguez (besides basically everything about the mish). She was one of the sweetest and most humble people I know. She was ALWAYS serving others and making little things for people to let them know that were loved and remembered. She taught me more about how to have patience and humility. I have always faltered in the things she excels in, and I know that I had her specifally to hellp put me on the path to develop these christlike attributes. Still have a looooong way to go, but there's a start! Really everything in our lives hangs on our ability to develop these attributes and for this we were given the example of Christ to follow. I am so grateful for my compie and feel so bad all the time that she had to have me!  But it is what it is and she has given me the knowledge and example to apply with the people I am with after her :) 


So this cambio brought a bunch of changes.  I'm going to receive my new companion tomorrow.  I only know this: her name is Hermana Ribeyro and she's from Brasil. She has the same time out on the mission as I do and I've heard she is insanely sweet and has a really good heart. Can't wait to get to know her and work :)  It will be hard though, because our sector has also changed.  I will have to direct the sector in Machali which is rough because I'm still figuring it out, but in addition to this also our sector was expanded so there's a large new area I am not familiar with AT ALL and there are no investigators or anything from the elders that had that part before so we are starting from the bottom up to get it working...this is called "whitewash".  Been a little stressed out anticipating this change, but it will be better when she gets here and we are able to jump in and start working.  I'm glad you liked the pictures! :) Haha right?? They really grow from boys to men during the mission! 



They really grow from boys to men during the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment