Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Someone Asked me if I was Chilean!

"Dreams in español started a few weeks ago and a few times I've woken myself up at night teaching a lesson in Spanish :p I love you so so so much mom.  I think about you all the time.


I'm pretty content here in Chile and am so stoked to see you during christmas!!!  (via Skype)   I loved the pictures you sent, letters are always amazing, but as for things like food go......the health bars and Oreos were super good and any manner of treat like caramels and chocolates
. But the things that were the favorite were the pics and letter :) No se preocupe! :)"

 I' m so sorry again about the cartas not getting to you, but glad you HAD THE PICS!! :) Seriously though, my area is a lot like Menifee de verdad!  It's been insanely hot, like Menifee too!  I love the people, the sights, the funny things chileans do, all of it!   A good song that captures it all is Give It All to Him, its an EFY song and it had to have been written by an RM. 


Here's some general info going on in Chile the last few min. I have to write.

We had to drop a few investigators this week which was really sad, but we also found so many good people to teach afterwards!   Opposition in all things !We are teaching about 16 people right now and have 2 baptismal fechas coming up.

Hermana Rodríguez goes home at the end of november :/

We have been working really closely with a family some elders in our ward are teaching right now, and are trying to help them get married in November and then baptised. Their names are Simon and Pamela and are seriously dry mormons.  You would really like them. They serve with all their hearts and have such great faith. We love them.

We found a menos activo through a miracle and are working to reactivate her and her entire extended family!


AND IT FINALLY HAPPENED: Someone asked me if I was chilean!  Usually the question is where are you from since it's obvious I'm not from Chile, but this week after talking to a lady for about 15min. she asked if my companion was from Peru, and then if I was from Chile. To which I responded Nopo! The spanish is coming along!

<3

Dominique can be reached at Dominique.temple@myldsmail.net








No comments:

Post a Comment